Keeping Time in Paradise


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Montego Bay
December 21st 2008
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ohh New York and her snowstorms . After 3 hours on the runway we finally set off on our 3 1/2 hour flight. The good news is I finally got to see what de-icing looks like. Basically they drive the plane into a hangar and a truck with a crane hanging off the top drives around the plane spraying green liquid on the wings. Woila! Now we go....



At the Sandals arrival lounge we were told Congratulations you have been upgraded! Our room for only one night was beach view with a patio. Needless to say it was not the basic accomodations that we booked, and the new room tomorow... well I guess we have to wait and see.





We landed on the island in the sun and hit the beach. We quicly found one of our Tripadvisor friends or rather she found us. We sipped Pina Coladas and enjoyed the jacuzzi before dinner at Tokoyo Joes which was the pre show. The food is cooked right beore your eyes in giant woks with flames a foot high.



After we saw a spectacular stage show which included a fashion show and a bamboo sticks game that I joined on stage. The drummers and dancers moved so fast I was surprised to catch them on camera. Of course the song repitor included classics like Montego Bay and Kokomo which I figured we would hear a lot of.



Our room also came with a extra guest, a resident cat who quickly made his way into the room to investigate. Frank evicted him but we told him he was free to hang on the patio. We named him MO.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb