Diving, Diving and Diving - Divemaster at Honduras!!!


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras
November 19th 2008
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yeah, since we decided to left El Salvador a little bit earlier than it was supposed to beacuse of the weather, I was expecting have only nice sunny and hot days at Honduras... Yeah, it didn't happen 100%!,(MISSING) thanks to Paloma Hurricane...
Leaving El Tunco (El Salvador) to Honduras was a loong way, actually 3 Chicken bus's days to get in Copan, the first stop in Honduras, to check the ruins there.... It was really nice, really impressing but 15 US dolars, Whaaat??, really expensive and for the price, I don't think it worth it... At least the weathear was nice, warm like home... Whatever, from there we decided to go to Bay Island, on the Carribean, good wheather, let's go to Caribbean man!! So lucky, arriving on the Island we just had 1 sunny day (our first day) and then we had 3 weeks of rain, crazy, thanks to the f**ing Paloma Hurricane. So in this 3 weeks I decided to do the Advanced Course (I had already the Open Water), then also to stay couple of weeks more to do the Divemaster course!!! So the "backpacker" life stopped for a while, we rent a house on the island, so nice to have my own bathroom, my own kitchen (yeah I was missing a kitchen), really good.
But the Divemaster itself wasn't that easy, loads of work, study, diving, diving, diving, study again, diving, uuufh, after 7 weeks I left the island a little bit sick of diving... But we still had a awsome time at utila, and for sure it's one of the most special places I've been on this trip, we met a lot of nice people there...
From there I just stopped in the capital (Tegucigalpa), wich is by the way a really nice city, to shop and solve some formalities and then, next stop, Nicaragua!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



10th January 2009

Congratulations Bruno!
Well done on passing your DM course :) - hope you get the opportunity to work as a DM in some places as well - another fantastic experience.

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb