Arrival in Honduras


Advertisement
Published: March 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived safely in Honduras. For most of us, travel was uneventful. After landing at San Pedro Sula, we took a long time to pass through immigration and customs. We met Luis, the representative from Habitat Honduras. He is a really nice man, with a great sense of humor. We loaded into our mini bus along with our driver for the week. The ride to Santa Rosa de Copan, was long. It was interesting to watch the landscape go from flat to mountainousThe the country is very green. agriculture plays an important role in the local economy. We saw banana, sugar cane, and coffee plantations. There were a lot of farm animals alongside the road for much of the trip. The roads are windy and full of pot holes. There were many police and military check points along the way.



Our hotel, Hotel San Jorge is a basic, clean hotel in Santa Rosa de Copan. The proprietor is welcoming and friendly. After washing up, we took a walk in the square and looked around. The city is very quiet today, likely due to Easter being tomorrow. Luis conducted an orientation for the group, giving us some basics on safety, culture and logistics.



We had a tasty dinner of chicken, beans and rice served in the hotel. my fellow team members are very nice and we make a varied interesting mix of people. We range in age form 16- 65. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Pardon my typing, it is slow going on my iPad. Time for bed, as we are told tomorrow we will be woken up with Easter festivities beginning at 5 AM.

Advertisement



31st March 2013

What a great experience
I hope you will add some photos.
1st April 2013

arrival
Sounds exciting. How was Easter?

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb