Copan Ruins


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We caught a bus to Chiquimula (I think that´s how you spell it) and from there to the border. No hassles crossing the border. They have a special deal if you´re just going to Copan. There´s a little village called Copan Ruinas which, basically, services the ruins. We found a pleasant enough hotel and booked ourselves in before exploring the town. Found a good bar called Twisted Tanyas. Much recommended should you go there. They also do food. We had excellent tilapia on the second night though on the first night we just had beer. All this time there was thunder and lightening in the mountains. The rain came down as we were heading out to eat so we ducked into the nearest restaurant. Where there was another powercut (did I mention the first powercut?). We had a good, typical meal that night with steak and beans and vegetables. I subsequently discovered wiskeel which I think is delicious. Must try to get some back home...

Second day we did the ruins. Which took about five hours. We saw some kind of bird of paradise - I think it was a blue browed mot mot but it´s hard to tell. Saw many birds that looked like flying mangoes. Did the nature trail. And the ruins.

Can´t upload photos direct from phone, sadly. They´re too big for this programme to handle. They are, however, going into the photobucket as I type these backdated entries!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb