day of ruin s


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey all
byron gave me control of the keyboard today, it was hard but he let go. today we woke up late, late after a much needed sleep. after 24 hours with none. anyway we ate, had wonderful honduran coffee and went walking to the ruins. the walk was about a mile, on an old stone pathway, covered by trees and green everywhere. I would visit copan just for the lush plant life, beautiful. we got to the ruins and byron was free, one of the advantages to traveling around central america and being from central america. i paid happily, how much have they paid to the us, lots im sure. anyway the ruins were bigger then i thought, after seeing tikal i thought there would be nothing to compare, im happy to say i was wrong. we climbed, hiked, and relaxed in an ancient mayan city, it takes your breath away, i know it is cliche but thats how it feels. we read our literature and figured out who all of the kings were and what area was what and what it was used for, it was a wonderful day. tomarrow we head out to quirigua, guatemala then to belize. copan is definitly on the list to revisit. wish us luck because we will be driving in our rental, meaning we will be in charge of finding the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb