The last day


Advertisement
Published: October 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rio CangrejalRio CangrejalRio Cangrejal

The beautiful setting for the Omega Jungle lodge and the incredibly low river at the time of this photo
The last blog for our trip to Honduras via New York and not a very exciting one but I thought I'd shove it in to complete the blog.

The final leg of our journey saw us return to Omega jungle lodge in the hope of some white water rafting but as it hadn't rained we opted for another day of horse riding and, as it was our last night in a decent place, stayed in their luxury cabin, which was SO nice.

After the horse riding we caught a bus in the afternoon to San Pedro Sula where we stayed the last night in an utterly crap hostel that was highly recommended in the guide book. Since being recommended they've massively upped their prices and cared little for their guests. I can't remember the name but it's the budget place owned by artists or something. There was however an exceptionally good restaurant opposite if you want to splash out on a good meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

LuxuryLuxury
Luxury

And it really was - this was one floor of our luxury cabin at omega jungle lodge. Gotta love the mesh screens for windows and yet you still have total privacy.
StallionStallion
Stallion

A peruvian stallion, worth a fortune, that was being trained at the stables where we start our horse riding journey from
Pineapple FieldsPineapple Fields
Pineapple Fields

A slightly different (and better) route this time for the ride.
River crossingRiver crossing
River crossing

Gotta take your feet out the stirrups as if the horse goes over (and one of them tripped) with you on it you really don't wanna be pinned under it!


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb