Travel day


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Bay Islands » Roatán
November 20th 2016
Published: November 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Michael and I met up at the Miami airport and flew together to Roatan. Then the fun started. Our plane was delayed so we ended up being the third of three jets all slamming into Coxen Cove Airport within about an hour of each other. Opps. Here is a tip, if you fly in here make sure you use the toilet on the plane before landing and pack a snack for the immigration line! It took about two hours to get through the line.

Michael's friends Maggie and Shaun, along with Darcy their four-year-old spark plug, me us at the airport, having waited, bless their hearts, for over three hours! Darcy somehow had managed to hold on through the whole ordeal and then, when we were at a place to grab something quick to eat, entertained us with beating Michael at tic-tac-toe (helps that he goes first and only allows you to use one row) and showing us his robot dance.

We drove over to the West End where we are staying, though our room was not ready as a tree had falllen through the roof last night with the heavy winds. Guess I am glad we did not come one day earlier.

Dinner tonight with the old friends and early bed. First impressions--green, green, green. Poverty check and jowl with wealth. Laid back, warm and humid (though they think it is sweater weather at 73 degrees, and what a nice place to sit by the ocean and drink a Salva Vida beer. Stay tuned.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb