Schmoozing, bluesing & cruising with those Darn Dangerous Binkleys Part 3: Diamonds are a girl's best friend


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Schmoozing, bluesing & cruising with those Darn Dangerous Binkleys Part 3: Diamonds are a girl's best friend. What is the least you have to do to qualify as having visited a country? I was transiting through LAX Airport on my way from Oz to Buenos Aires once. I didn't leave the airport. Did that mean I had visited the USA? I say "No." When they locked me up and detained me under outrageous US B... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 21


Advertisement















22nd August 2015

OMG! IS that where those Binkley's are???
Yikes! I thought the Binkley's were settling down in their new FL condo. But no, they are off on the high seas again. Well, good for those girls for enriching the economy of Honduras. It sure made them look very beautiful. I'm sure the magnet and flag pin are very nice too. I have a diamond story too- but from FL and it was my now ex- husband who succumbed to the lure of that sparkling gem. Carolyn (gunga)
22nd August 2015

OMG! IS that where those Binkley's are???
The Binkleys are moving into their new home in Florida at the moment and this story is earlier in the year. I had never heard of black diamonds before...but now I have I can vouch for their allure. I haven't got a pic of it so you can only imagine the four women sporting their's...caused quite a stir in the dining room!
22nd August 2015

?
How do you add a picture to your bio? Also, a polite little suggestion- maybe you could make reference to the fact that it is an earlier journey. I remember y'all went on the blues cruise last year and had a ball especially all the 'Daves'. I thought this was another one since y'all are such party animals ;-)
23rd August 2015

?
Sorry Caroline. This Blues Cruise was this year!!! We drove down the Blues Highway from Memphis to New Orleons as a warm up then flew to Fort Lauderdale to meet those Darn Binkleys to Blues Cruise the Caribbean together. Then the Dancing Duo head to South America to meet another blogger. This section of my blogs is just part of one big journey of 8 countries that always promised to be quite a ride. BTW we don't classify ourselves as party animals...but we do know how to embrace the moment (good or bad)...and still have a good time!!!
23rd August 2015

Carolyn
Sometimes I can't spell...sorry.
24th August 2015

The joys of jewels
Diamond's are a girls best friend. What a fun day we had--- baubles and magnets that all we needed. I've been wearing my black diamonds most days since we bought it. Gifts like these provide you guys good will for months. Had a great time in the wee hours with Tab and the Peterson Brothers. Great fun. Certainly we will do it again soon. Miss you both.
24th August 2015

The joys of jewels
What a wonderful time we had indeed. And to think our better halves came away with mementos to serve as constant reminders. I reckon us guys did mighty fine also...to see the smiles on your faces and sparkles on your fingers...priceless. Miss you guys.
24th August 2015

Fantastic
So creative
24th August 2015

ANOTHER BLUES CRUISE?
Another blues cruise is in order- I need to complete the catch with earrings ;-) such fun & I have to say I thought the fridge magnet, key ring, patch & pin were fine choices.
24th August 2015

ANOTHER BLUES CRUISE?
Oh if only. Those darn Binkleys are repeating the Blues Cruise again next year. I reckon that's why they moved to Florida. How about the year after that?
26th August 2015

The least you have to do to qualify as having visited a country
What I need to be allowed to say I have visited a country are three things: I have to sleep at least one night in the country I have to take at least one photo I have to do something "touristy". The definition of what qualifies as being "touristy" is vague however. "Taking a photo" might sometimes qualify The only country where I relax on these rules is Vatican State. The sleeping-a-night-rule is too much of a challenge to apply there. I have been to four countries that I can't count because of these rules and they are Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Sudan and Serbia. Funny coincidence that all of these countries begin with an "S". /Ake
26th August 2015

The least you have to do to qualify as having visited a country
To sleep in the country as one of the criteria that you have visited may be a bit strict to many TBers, Ake. Some may be driving through. Then there are others like me who in the hours waiting for the girls to choose which jewels would be their qualifying purchases I did nod off a few times. But did I sleep then? Not really!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb