Sunny Roatan


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cocktails at SunsetCocktails at SunsetCocktails at Sunset

Maz, Richard, James and me in paradise.
So the last time I wrote I was sipping a Margarita on the beach. Today I am on the Honduran mainland visiting the Copan Ruins but will now recap my week in Roatan before recounting today´s events.

Basically my daily routine on Roatan consisted of a dive or two in the morning and/or afternoon, followed by some swimming in the sea, then a cocktail or three at Sundowners (a beach bar with good toons) to admire the sunset with newly acquired friends, then a shower followed by a lovely seafood dinner and a nightcap. What more could a girl ask for in life? This was also James´s routine but substitute the diving for snorkelling, sun and exploring the Island. I´ll give James credit though - for someone who hates live fish and doesn´t take kindly to water he gave scuba diving a successful shot. We met a load of lovely people: mostly Canadians at the diving school, and a bunch of Brits (Maz, Richard and Calvin) and an American (Dave) with whom we shared nightly cocktails and dinner.

We stayed in a lovely room in the West End part of Roatan - a vibrant little town mixed with friendly locals and expats from all corners of the globe there to shed the burden of the 9-5 lifestyle back home, and to enjoy the sun and (mostly) to teach diving to people like me.

By the way I forgot to mention our dodgy plane ride from San Pedro Sula to La Ceiba and on to Roatan. We´ve just noticed that Dave is in one of the photos boarding the plane - that´s before we new him! Hi Dave!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Monkey La LaMonkey La La
Monkey La La

Dave wearing a t-shirt with the name of our favourite cocktail - a chocolatey delight!
Maz´s Tasty Red SnapperMaz´s Tasty Red Snapper
Maz´s Tasty Red Snapper

At Eagleray´s Bar and Grill
Breakfast TimeBreakfast Time
Breakfast Time

Pancakes by the sea!
Sunset HandsSunset Hands
Sunset Hands

Those belonging to James Jones of course.
Friday Night at Foster´sFriday Night at Foster´s
Friday Night at Foster´s

Richard and Calvin
Happy JamesHappy James
Happy James

Not so happy Lobster


12th April 2006

what grand photos
wow, this is great now i can keep up with you if you kepp up with it. i forgot to ask if you like nick cave???
13th April 2006

Whooo!
Oh, man, it looks beautiful. How does it compare to Cuba? More photos! More! Miss you! j
16th April 2006

She´s a Silly-un!!
Miss you too Jillian! How is lovely NZ? Cuba was totally different - loads to see and do. Roatan was pure sun, sea, cocktails and fishies! Email when you get a chance! xxxx

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb