Sunny sun shine!


Advertisement
Published: January 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so i don't really remember where i left off, and sure there are plenty of interesting little things that happened to me. but i can't write it all down, i'll live it, and write down a projection of reality. so i'm sorry if you wanted a detailed narration of all my experiences, but all i've got is what i remember ..

yesterday was a big dive day: 3 dives, at 9, 11, and 2, and I almost missed my 2:00 dive. after my middle dive, i was starving.. so i walked 20 minutes to the ATM (the close ATM is out of money. really? yes. ATMs run out of money on islands). got back to west end beach to "Ali Baba" for some lunch, the food came, and i asked the server "que hora es?", to which he replied "una y cinquenta tres" (1:53), to which i replied "dammit!!" asked him to put my plate in the fridge for later, and ran back to the dive shop (totally worth it, the dive was beautiful).

It was pretty rainy since i got here, and yesterday the sun came out, and reminded me.. this is a tropical paradise.... the night was fun, but a bit out of control. i love it..

oh, and i realized it was the texas-alabama game, i know what your thinking, "daren, you hate football". first of all, i don't hate anything, i just don't find football particularly compelling, but its my school, and its the finals so... now i was thinking.. this is roatan, watching the game is an impossibility, but i managed to find a bar with the game on, and a bunch of texas-style football crazed americans, so i joined in, and we lost.. but whatever...

woke up this morning to the sound of an angry rooster, well it might not have been angry (but it wasn't content). no dives today, b/c i got started with my EFR training (emergency first response), which includes CPR and first aid. it was actually pretty involved, and i was the only student, so i got some good instruction. besides saving people's lives, i took it because it is a prerequisite to taking the rescue diver course, which i start tomorrow. Cat (name, not animal), my instructor is pretty excited b/c the weather is going to be rather sketch for the next few days and according to her, the worse the weather is, the better for a rescue diver course. so the next 3-4 days should be exciting and challenging.

ok, enough ranting, here are some pics:


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



9th January 2010

good to know
You've always known from camp Ramah that CPR was important to know, now you'll know how to do it it if the occasion arises someday.(Like if one of your loved ones (or a stranger for that matter) should have a heart attack. Glad you enjoyed the football game. I also enjoy the Miami dolphins for the same reason. You don't need to "find " yourself. You've always known just where you are. i enjoyed the anecdote of que hora es? of course I miss you but this blog helps. love and kisses, Mom
9th January 2010

where are the pics
where are the pictures?
10th January 2010

SEA TURTLE!!!!! homygod. love the pics! miss yah babe<3monique
10th January 2010

SEA TURTLE!!!!! homygod. love the pics! miss yah babe<3monique
10th January 2010

Daren are you going to be really thin when you get back.The photos are great just like being there but the food here is better...Love GM
11th January 2010

your photos are great!
wow! especially the lionfish.just keep a distance from that one!
13th January 2010

missed a day
Remember Moms birthday is Jan.15. Try to make contact some way. Your pics are wonderful i am not downloading them because I guess you will save them in your camera.Love

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb