Belize it or not... it was my birthday!


Advertisement
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rum, yum.Rum, yum.Rum, yum.

Captain Jerry slipped some Creole moonshine in with the rum punch mix. This is a result.
So, Al here once again,


I am currently in La Ceiba, Honduras. tomorrow morning we will be heading to the Bay Island in the Caribbean Sea.

But more on that later.... As of the last update we were heading to Flores i think. To the TIKAL, ancient Mayan ruins. This was an incredible day. The ruins were nothing short of awe inspiring. I cant really describe in a short blog something that took over a 1000 years to build. But, to paraphrase; deep in a Guatemala Jungle, thousands of hectares large, are huge ruins built my the Mayans many years ago. They are all still in incredible shape, and the history and stories fill the air as you walk around these massive structures built for the gods. We were even allowed to climb most of them. I have some amazing pictures that i promise to post soon, but the internet was hella expensive as of late and there are about 4 people waiting to use this one.

So from Tikal, we headed to Belize.

Well Belize is... ummm.. ok ill start where i loved it. We went straight to CAYE CAULKER. A 40minute 300+ hp boat
Storm on the wayStorm on the wayStorm on the way

Belize. The weather turned ugly everyday at 3pm. But luckily for just an hour. Then sunny again!
ride to this tiny island in the Caribbean Sea. Its protected by the second largest reef in the world. The blues in the water are every color of blue in a crayon box. Its amazing. We stayed right on the beach where i bought some fishing gear and caught nothing. But it passed my long hot days in the sun. July 11th came and we all booked a snorkel adventure with our crew we had been travelling with. 2 aussies Adam and India, 2 brits Ana and Louise and a German Maxi.

The snorkelling was unreal. We saw nurse sharks, spotted eagle rays, sea turtles thousands of tropical fish. It was truly the best birthday of my life. We even rented an underwater camera, and took some videos and pictures of it all.

So after 5 days of paradise in Caye Caulker we made our way down the coast. Not liking any of Belize after that point, it was quite dissapointing. Just dirty and we didnt feel safe anywhere else. So many ferries and long bus rides, 3 days later we are in the heart of Honduras. Its so amazing here. The Bay islands tomorrow. Roatan to be
Underwater AlUnderwater AlUnderwater Al

We rented an underwater camera, but it turned everything a red hue.
exact!! Check it out on a map. Its so cheap here. About a buck for a beer, and the hostel is about 10bucks a night for both us. Our own private room and bath. Ok.. I better go. Thanks for reading.. I promise promise soon for pictures..

Thanks again, I will update again in a couple days on the Bay Islands.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Fry Jacks!!!Fry Jacks!!!
Fry Jacks!!!

Deep fried tortillas.. yep, everything is deep fried.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb