Easter Weekend


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunset - West EndSunset - West EndSunset - West End

Sunset as seen from the beach across from our apartment
We had a "cold front" last Friday, with winds and very choppy seas. We were supposed to be doing a scuba easter egg hunt but it was rescheduled because the water was too rough to go out in the boat. We were able to to it on Saturday though, and it was a lot of fun. The divemasters hid eggs in the sand around the reef at one of the dive sites. It was fun looking for them because you had to get very close to the bottom, and you could see lots of fish hiding under the coral.

Sunday we went to West Bay beach, thinking the crowds from Semana Santa (a big holiday in Honduras and most of central america) would be gone...we were wrong. It was pretty crowded (the picture doesn't really doesn't do it justice, since we were on the least crowded part of the beach), but we still hung out for awhile and went snorkelling on the reef just out from the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

stormstorm
storm

Rough seas as a "Cold Front" moves through West End
West Bay BeachWest Bay Beach
West Bay Beach

Here is West Bay on Easter Sunday. Although the holiday week was winding down , it was still quite crowded.


11th April 2007

I recognize you from Chillis and Native Sons. Sorry to hear about the Egg Hunt. Glad you still got to do it though! I wanted to be there for that, but wanted more to be back in Comayagua for the Sawdust Carpets. Blog coming soon with LOTS of cool pics.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb