finally in Haiti


Advertisement
Haiti's flag
Central America Caribbean » Haiti
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone so we made it after 2 days of flying! and surprisingly 9 hours in the airport wasnt bad at all..lol , now the port au prince airport was..interesting..lol a lil runway and a building..with no walls! we got are bags and through customs and imegration quickly however once outside it got a little hectic, loud people were talking in a diff lanuage and aksing us if we need a ride..ect then are bag man found us and the other 3 people and we met up with are driver who is full time worker here. the drive was crazy!..lol and people everywhere i think it was a 2 hour drive up the mountain tot he orphanage. it has the most amazing veiw ive ever scene! ill post pics as soon as i can!.
between me and alison we have 8 baybies to care for, ive met one she is adorable!! 7 months but prbly only like 20 pounds not even, we have another girl in the special needs, 2 twin boys, and five other girls!
we are to work with them 8am to 5 pm with an hour lunch off , we have the rest of the time and weekends to ourselves, were plannnig on doing some hiking, working with other orphanages and schools in the commmunity, its safe where we are its like middle class for haiti so were fine to walk around and stuff during the day.
arriving in por au prince was a bit of a shocker fromt he air it looks like nice big houses but when your on the ground there just walls or old houses with dirt floors, but the people here seem to be really kind so everything is good.
the temp is HOT!! lol hows all the snow back home?..i could feel my arms burning just after 5 mins outside and i would love to go change into some shorts but are luguage is still port au prince 😞 some other volunteers luguage was lost or something a couple days ago when they arrived so the driver with are bags stayed behind to find them so he will hopefully be here soon! ive been in these close for 2 days! lol i guess thats all for now i would type more details but it would take way to long so you will have to wait till im home

i'll post as much as i can and hopefully be able to stick some pics on too!

lots of love

Janice

Advertisement



29th January 2008

Sounds Amazing
I just know there has to a crazy Alison and Janice story behind that "lol" about waiting in the airport for 9 hours... :D. So what exactly are you guys doing with the kids? Is it like an hour with each one everyday or how does that work? And as for the snow here, you guys couldn't have left at a better time. We got a foot of new snow and its supposed to be -30 all week, without the windchill. Kinda jealous right now. Have an amazing time and keep posting!

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb