Day 1


Advertisement
Published: March 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

9:05PM, and day one is almost complete, everyone still alive. Everyone speaking in a beautiful British accent we are. This morning we woke up after a long day of travel, and sleeping overnight in a Hostel, we woke up at 7:00am. We had breakfast at the hostel, and got our bags packed and packed a day bag to go tour Antigua for the morning. We walked around the city, almost getting hit by cars multiple times because the cars have the right away here, not pedestrians. We walked through the markets and experienced the Guatemalan culture. We saw many cool things, and went into a few churches. We walked into one of the most amazing mcdonalds I have seen, and thats not sarcastic, it was huge and decorated with trees and bushes everywhere. It was amazing. Then we had lunch at a little cafe before walking around a bit more and then heading back to the hostel. We played one card while we waited for the bus to come and take us on a hour and a half bus ride to Tecpan. The ride went faster than I expected, because I was so tired most of us just fell asleep. When we got to Tecpan we went into our house, which was waaaaay nicer than expected. It is a beautiful two story house with 3 bathrooms and lots of room. We got an orientation about the house and what we were going to do for the next two weeks. After that we had showers and just relaxed until dinner time. After dinner we had a quick spanish lesson and a big game of one card and president. Bed time. Tomorrow is a work day.



-Dobbie


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



20th March 2012
Church

Nice Pic
Sounds like you guys had a tiring journey. I am glad the sun is shining and the churches are pretty.
20th March 2012
Bass Pros

Tough Dudes
Won Mo!!!!! PS: The sun is shining...smile a little! :)

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb