guatemala


Advertisement
Guatemala's flag
Central America Caribbean » Guatemala
February 2nd 2009
Published: May 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

antigua and atitlan...
once again, familar with the unfamilar.
feeling at home in Latinlandia.
cobblestone streets set amongst lush greenery and steep volcano walls.
walking the streets with awareness, for each stumble upon a stone reminds me to be in the present moment.
stray dogs wander amongst crowds of colors.
sunset rainbows intertwine amongst vibrant textiles and wardrobes.
street vendors selling homemade tortillas piled high with fresh avocado, vegetables, and beans...orgasmic taste buds turned on!
ancient architecture and cathedrals hold onto traditional culture as tourist shadows cast down from over the years.
spanish dialogue is music to my foreign ears.
peaceful days amongst mountain ridges ad lakeside strolls.
each puzzle piece of a village puts together the grand picture of community.
climbing volcanic slopes with lush forests that have overtaken the outdated black rock.
coffee beans and avocado trees accompany the surrounding views of calm turquoise waters and shanty lakeside villages.
children wearing smiles brighter than the fabrics on their bodies and the gold teeth in their mouths.
men working around the clock harvesting and grinding the coffee beans that eminate an intense fermenting odor.
remembering where i just came from and where i am heading. going with the flow of water form the dead sea, to the red sea, to the carribbean, and back to the pacific!

lanquin...
riding in the bed of a truck with the wind blowing through my hair and the rocks shifting below my feet.
grasping on for life until i feel as if the blood circulation in my fingers will come to a halt.
smiling children wave as the unfamiliar tourist slowly speeds by.
thatched roofs replace shanty houses and rolling green hills replace cobblestone streets.
moisture flourishing fauna and flora, painting a shade of green of the artists palette.
wild flowers bloom abundantly while birds freely suck the nectar.
lost in the grand beauty of it all...i feel small.
entering dark caves of unlit wonders.
feeling the present moment of the historical past.
stalactites drip down, forming surreal configurations along cave walls.
soaring bats fly in and out of my candlelit vision.
swimming through underground pools and climbing through cascading waterfalls.
surprised by what lies ahead, for i can only see what is directly in front of me.
coming out of the darkness and watching the clouds part ways for the interrupting sun rays.
following the river downstream to one of the world's natural wonders- semuc champey.
turquoise blue and emerald green calcium enriched waters.
larger pools dripping into smaller ones, creating a domino effect.
sunlight hitting intense rapids, creating a rainbow bridge.
i bathe in it all as small fish brush by my exposed body.

flores...
refreshing dips in lake fresh waters.
a small tourist town that still holds onto its own magic.
waking up to natures call of the wild...as the sun rises, so do the birds.
minute chirping transforming into a choir singing out of key.
lining up on tin roof tops, this is their morning routine...blackbird sing.
calm waters surrounded by small islands of lush greenery.
jungle love amongst cotton ball clouds.
treading water as long as i can, while timid fish leave me with their graceful currents.
then taking time for the mayan masterpiece...misty mysTIKAL.
rising in the early hours before sunrise.
less people...more wildlife.
walking down deserted jungle paths that were once occupied by an entire civilization.
tall pyramids amongst the thick fog that makes these surreal structures seem so dreamlike.
sacred geometry confirming intention behind each architectural decision.
steep staircases leading tot he top of their world.
taking it all in as i tune in with the remaining energies of this sacred place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb