Lake Atitlan, San Pedro La Laguna


Advertisement

After Pana we got a lancha across the Lake to San Pedro La Laguna a much small town nestled in the hillside. The hostel we stayed in had a great view of the lake and we had a hammock outside the room to laze about in. I´m now a big fan of hammocks. We kayaked for about 40 mins across the lake to a golden sandy beach. This beach was a strip of sand about a metre wide but the sun was out so we tried to make the most of it and started to tan hopefully. Although our hostel was very nice we were conned by the non-profit national park guide ´Johnny Hiker'(Juan Pablo) and paid too much for our room. He also tried to con us with our hike to the Indian´s nose by saying there was a 100Q entry fee to get into the non-existent national park. On the second day we got up at 4 am to hike up to the 'Indians Nose'. When we reached the top we could see the whole of the lake and it was great watching the sunrise. It was well worth the hike and even Johnny Hiker. We got back to the hostel and went straight back to bed and we spent most of the day chilling in the hammocks in the sunshine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb