happy valentines day... we did it right!


Advertisement
Published: February 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

greetings to all the posee out there.... hopefully everyone ejoyed their valentine´s day... it was impissible not to be touched by cupid here... yes because of the incredible scenery... yes because i spent it with amanda... but also because the guatemalans have an infatuation with cheesy and i mean CHEESY 80´s music... since i´ve been in the internet lab I´ve heard milli vanilli, phil collins, and a ton of wham and george micheals.... after nearly puking on my slef, i feel very sentimental!

I can gladly say that i amj back on my feet again, and have learned one thing from my ordeal with what i call malaria of the underpants the past few days... wherever and whenever you are in this country, always have TP... they don´t have it anywhere... and toiletr seats are a luxury i will fully enjoy upon our return to canada...

Well the last few days have been intersting to say the least... this project has been a real eye opener in more ways than one... the scenery, the people , what i will always rememebr is the smile on kids faces when you are helping them... there must be some canadian in these people because they are all so kind and polite...

speaking of which, i have been representing the canadian spirit as proudly as i can ... maple leafs everywhere... back packs, hats, shirts... i have made it my mission not shave or cut my hair the whloe time here... ther hair thing i think i will stick too... the shaving thing... well can´t see it lasting though i am happy to say i no longer look like teenwolf after 5 days of not shaving...

We visited a glassmaking factory yesterday... thoyught we might see milhouse´s dad down there ( oh wait...he´s a big wheel at the cracker factory...), but we followed that up with an amaizng excursion up the mountains (they are everywhere here), and ended up at les fuentes... which translates into volcanic heated natural springs... amaizing
like sitting in a hottub for hours...surrounded by mountains and jungle... not a bad way to spend valentines day... one year ago at this time i was skating the rideau canal... quite the difference... but amanda and i had a great time then and we are having a great time together now...

we leave for antigua tomorrow morning and none too soon... neither amanda or i are big fans of this city, though the surroundidn area is quite beaitiful... we will then make antigua our home for about 6 weeks and then on to peru... hoping to have some pics up in the next few dyas so please bear with us... i am not what you would call a technolgical wizard... shocking i know! anyways we miss you all... keep in touch... we love the responses , even the sarcastic ones!

jeff and amanda


Advertisement



16th February 2006

amazing people
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that I think what you are doing is so awesome! I love reading your comments and seeing your pictures. Mr Peters you never fail to get a laugh out of me hahaha. Thought I'd share a travel tip from Me and Mrs. Retty, when you find yourself in a sticky situation remmeber " You're not there for cleanliness your there for friendliness and fun" Enjoy your travels hope to hear from you again soon! Take care and be safe! Brit
17th February 2006

Until you have bloody fecal matter streaming down your sweaty inner thigh I won't even dignify you with a tequila shot worth of sympathy. Squatting is great for the quads!
17th February 2006

nice one
peters, it is good to see that you have not lost the sense of humor but i think that amanda is going to get you to shave by the end of the week. everyone needs a little rubbing every now and again. sorry to hear about your gramma i was thinking about you when i got the news. thinga are starting to shape up for japan, we got tickets to a sumo tourney for the day after we get there, i am trying to get moose entered in the light heavy weight division for foreigners. we will talk soon buddy, D.
17th February 2006

snow day reflections
I can't think of a nicer way to spend Valentines Day than sitting in a jungle in hot springs-very romantic! Too bad about the politics at GSP. Jeff, The senior team beat PDCI yesterday. It was more exciting than you can imagine! The final game is Monday at 6pm. Have fun!
17th February 2006

But do they love Bon Jovi?
I was hoping that you would have said that they listen to Bon Jovi too! Glad to read that things are going well. Sounds like an amazing experience and looking forward to reading more. Ryan
17th February 2006

well hello there!
Hey there! Its the famous miss proulx from perth! I am so glad to hear you guys are having such a great time. What an exciting thing to do! I look forward to reading up on your adventures...maybe i should do a weekly update on my radio show for fun! haha! My next pint at the fox is dedicated to you both!
18th February 2006

Konnichiwa
Hey Amanda and Jeff, Glad to hear that you had a nice Valentines Day. Your photos are beautiful! You should be getting settled into your language school soon. My training started on Friday and I am enjoying it. I´ll be making the 40 minute commute on the fast trains from Kobe to Osaka for the next two weeks and then start teaching on my own shortly after that. Glad to hear that you are both feeling well. Once you have a phone number let me know and I can call you, I don´t have a phone yet but I have Skype on the computer. Anyway, take care miss you lots. love, Fennell
18th February 2006

A good idea ...
You guys come back and finish Matt and my theses and we'll do the rest of your trip for you guys. Free of charge! :)
22nd February 2006

greetings from PERTH
Hi Amanda and Jeff, Your adventures sound very interesting. Don't forget to stay in touch with Melissa. Stay safe! Take care, Melissa's MOM

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb