Coban


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We didn´t visit this town very much, except for the fruit market which was a bit crazy. When we arrived at our reserved hotel, we immediately made calls to move. After a previous evening in a rather musty place, we didn´t want to follow that up again with another for two nights. We found a rather nice hotel with a cute indoor courtyard. We were warned at check in that there was a Quinceniera taking place that evening (party for a girl turning 15 - the coming of age) and music would last until 12 midnight. At around 2:30am it finally quieted down. The next evening after returning from Semuc (see next entry for more on this place) we were told that this evening´s party would be from 6pm to 4am. And that was directly in the courtyard outside of our room. Quick phone calls and walking found us another place to get some rest, as everyone was suffering from sleep deprivation and the wonderful sightseeing. Hints for summer time travel - ask about fiestas going on! You may still not get the entire truth, but at least you will have an idea as to whether or not you should bring ear plugs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb