Livingston


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

We arrived at the dock in Livingston at 12:15pm. The street in front of the port is the main street and there are several hotels on the road to the left from the port.



Where We Stayed

Hotel El Viajero - a few mins walk along the waterfront road to the left. We were quoted Q60 for a double room but charged Q70 a night plus an extra Q5 on check out. Room had its own bathroom and internet. There is a bar at the river side of the hotel which sold Q10 litre Brahva's. When we stayed the town had no power for a couple of days bar a few hours one afternoon and the room got really hot at night as we couldn't use the fan.



What We Did

Walked to Los Siete Altares - walk up the main street to Playa Barique. Turn left and walk past the 'statue of liberty' along the beach for 40mins until you reach a river. Go over the bridge and carry on walking along the beach for another 35mins to the waterfalls. There is a sign at the end of the beach when you are nearly there. Entrance is Q20. The last pool is deep and the best for swimming.



Where We Ate

Mama Nora's Rice and Beans - right next to BugaMama restaurant. Q20 for a really nice meal of chicken, rice, beans and plantains.

La Primavera - a local bar with Q5 cans of Ice. Had cold beer when there was no electicity. We got given free prawns when we were there on Sunday.



Where We Went Next

We caught the boat down the river to Rio Dulce. Tickets can be bought the day before from the tourist information booth at the dock. The boat leaves at 9:30am and costs Q125. It travels down the river to Lago de Izabal to show you the fort at San Felipe and then goes back to Rio Dulce town.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb