Omoa Honduras to Livingston Guatemala


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

This is how we crossed the border at Corinto from Honduras to Guatemala and travelled to Livingston.



1. We left Roli's Place in Omoa at 8:05 and walked the 15mins back to the main highway to catch the bus coming from Puerto Cortes to the Guatemalan border at Corinto. The bus stop is signed and just to the right of the road out of town.



2. A bus to Corinto arrived at 8:25am. It cost L45 and arrived at the border at 9:35am. The bus drops you off by some restaurants. Walk over the bridge and through a passport check to a big building on the left for an exit stamp. There was no charge and no questions were asked. They took the yellow copy of your immigration form which was stapled into our passports when we arrived in Honduras.



3. Walk into Guatemala. The Guatemalan immigration is 15km away so get on waiting minibus which is headed to Puerto Barrios and they will stop at immigration. We were through immigration by 9:45am however we had to wait until 10:10am for the bus to fill up. It cost Q25.



4. On the minibus we passed through another passport check and then stopped at Guatemalan immigration. Again there were no fees or questions and for some reason we received an entry stamp which was valid for another 90 days. We then got back on the same bus.



5. When we got to Entre Rios the driver waved down another minibus and paid the driver to take us to Puerto Barrios as he was heading in the other direction however we had already given him the full fare. We arrived in the market in Puerto Barrios at 11:10am opposite a supermarket.



6. To get to the port for boats to Livingston wallk towards the shipping containers. There is an ATM which we used on the coner. Turn left down avenue 6a and walk past a bus stop area. Turn right down 12a calle by G&T Continental Bank. The port is at the end of the road. We arrived at 11:30am. It was a Sunday and there weren't any scheduled boats however there was a boat which was leaving when 4 more people arrived. It left at 11:45am and cost Q35. The boat schedule on the wall said there were boats at 6:30am, 7:30am, 9am, 11am and 2pm on other days. Our boat arrived in Livingston at 12:15pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb