Move 'em out, dogies!


Advertisement
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We just had our last weekend at our house in Ermita Santa Lucia, our home in Guatemala. Today we are heading up to Guatemala City to spend the night, and then depart for a 5 week trip to Australia and New Zealand.

I'ts a pretty reasonable question to ask why we are leaving the country during our "year in Guatemala," and the answer, is "Ummm, wellll...."

Actually, it makes a lot of sense to me that, since this is the only time our kids will ever have a big school break during the fall season, we take the opportunity to go Down Under in more favorable weather. Plus, I got FREE PLANE TICKETS for the whole family for the entire trip!! I am probably overly proud of myself, but about 10 months ago I got on the phone with Alaska Airlines and managed to put the whole trip togethe using airline miles, from Guatemala all the way to Australia, over to New Zealand, and back! Whooweee!

So this weekend we spent our time re-stuffing our clothes back into the 2 pieces we have per person. Since we don't want to lug our entire belongings over to Australia, we are storing a few of our bags at our future home in Antigua. This house is owned by a friend of a friend, and is quite lovely. My favorite thing about it is the garbage disposal in the sink! Our house in Ermita Santa Lucia didn't have one, and it's amazing how much I miss that from Seattle.

We are going to join our friends the HAndersons in New Zealand, who are currently in Australia and say that Internet access there is surprisingly difficult to find. So if you don't hear from us for a bit, that is why.



Advertisement



24th October 2007

HASTA LUEGO
I'M GOING TO MISS YOUR BLOGS. HAVE A BLAST AT AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZELAND, I WILL TELL YOU THE WORDS FROM THE ROCK GROUP IN GUATEMALA "ALUX NAHUAL" "VUELVE CUANDO QUIERAS, ESTA ES TU TIERRA; PUES AQUI TENEMOS GRANDE EL CORAZON". GOD BLESS YOU IN YOUR NEW ADVENTURE. MARVIN

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb