Guadaloupe


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

7thApril Portsmouth – Terre De Haut (Guadaloupe) 21nm

A lively sail today, bit bumpy and lots of wind most of the time. Left about 0930 and glad we did as we were easily able to pick up a mooring when we got there, but by late afternoon there were none left and a Cat that came in close to 6pm had to raft up to another Cat (obviously friends) as there were no moorings left. Wouldn't want to do that ourselves – too much pressure on the moorings we think. Went ashore to clear in and once again, just done on the computer and is a clear in and clear out paperwork. Stamped by the local guy working in the shop (no official customs) and paid 10Euro for our mooring. The town is very quaint. Lots of lovely little buildings ...and FRENCH. So of course once again we have no idea what's on the menu and communicating is quite difficult, but we have found that many people here do speak quite a bit of English. Went ashore for dinner and found a little cafe. Finished dinner around 8pm and were going to go to a bar for a quick drink before going back to boat, but they were all shut. Only the restaurants were open. Never mind, went back to boat for an early night!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb