Caribbean Sailing - Planning


Advertisement
Grenada's flag
Central America Caribbean » Grenada
February 21st 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Grenada Cruise

Planned cruise

True Blue MarinaTrue Blue MarinaTrue Blue Marina

This is where we start and end. Right next to the airport.
It's time to get out of the cold Midwest and go sailing in the Caribbean. Sailing friend, Skipper Kent has arranged a sailing cruise for March 5-15, 2009. The crew will be made up of 2 of Kent's friends, myself and my good BBYC sailing buddy Rick. The boat is a Venesia 42 catamaran chartered from Horizon Yacht Charters out of Grenada. Boat Link Grenada is located in the Southern Caribbean about 100 miles from Venezuela. We plan to sail North to St. Vincent and stop at islands along the way. Should be a great trip. Will try to add a few blogs along the way if I can find an internet connection.

Advertisement



15th June 2010

Another way to sail the beauty Grenadines
I just returned from chartering a 42 cat. in the Caribbean. While a good time was had, it was a bit a work. The alternative is Island Windjammers' 101 tall ship (www.islandwindjammers.com). Only 12 guests on board, so not the big crowds of the cruise ships. It sails from Grenada weekly to the Grenadines. There have been many, many positive reviews of the ship, it's crew and the food by the media as well as the guests. Check it out.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb