Yuck day


Advertisement
Published: December 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sol Y Mar Sol Y Mar Sol Y Mar

Singing like Willie Nelson.
Here we are, rain, rain, wind, rain, wind...and on and on...We broke down this morning, ended up putting side curtains on the cockpit. Darn rain won't quit. I stuck new computer in garbage bag, and came up to Oasis. We have dominoes, books and Soduko with us. Looks like a crummy day.
Yesterday afternoon Jeris and I went for a walk. It had rain, rain, but finally had a break, so the walk, which turned pretty short. On way back, there was a wash out, didn't see it, I went down landed on my right knee. So Jeris and I are now even. At least my legs were in terra firme when hers had dangled over a ravine.
We let the car go back yesterday. But we took the outboard into shop in the am. Still there. Pete called in the afternoon, said they could not get it started. hmmmmm....well so goes the time. However, they were able to loosen the foot, and change the impeller.
The Coconut Telegraph on 4060 still going strong. Comes on at 0800. About 30 to 35 boats checking in, so we keep track of those we know. Last evening, At Last, a trawler spent 16
Mickey and ChuckMickey and ChuckMickey and Chuck

From MI. Flew home today for holidays.
days with us in Clarence Town, LI, Ba, came into the marina. We had not seen them since the DR. Is great meeting cruisers and even better seeing some we know.
The weather not conducive to sailing. High seas and wind. We are staying put and outboard has to return to us.
Restaurants come and go here, like we drink rum. Tomorrow new one opening, offering free food and drinks from 1830 to 2000, you know where we are going to be.
We need to buy another bottle of the stuff you put on sunbrella to waterproof, Pete thought he had enough, but some places leaking.
Barb, is making coffee this morning for all of us. We hope the rain clears, so depressing.
Tonight is the burger night at the marina. For 12 EC you get a burger with cheese and all the trimmings and fries.
Some of you wrote wanting to know the exchange rate. The bank gave Jeris yesterday 2.671 EC for 1 US. The rates go up and down all week. The stores, I handed them a 100 US gave us 260.00 EC. So they make a commission. Elvis on Sunday, the fellow with the coral bracelets, gave me 2.68 EC for $1 US. Depends on where you are on the island as well. We have noticed the exchange better for us on the weekend.
Another email asked what are plans are when we leave here. We plan to sail up the chain, missed to much on the way down. We are trying to make a decision as to going to Trinidad...It is about 85 miles to North end of Trinidad, and a total of 105 to Chaguaramas. I would like to do some of the Orinoco as well. Sea Schell is back in Trinidad, one of our buddy boats, and they are heading North in January. They are flying home this weekend for 2 weeks. Is nice speaking to them on the SSB.
Can't think of anything else to write about right at the moment, so have a nice day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

MoonsailMoonsail
Moonsail

This is Barb, finally sitting on a break.
Oasis bartenderOasis bartender
Oasis bartender

This is Ashley, she is from Cuba. 23 yrs old, has been here for 15 years.
JerisJeris
Jeris

Always with a camera
Owner, Bob BlancoOwner, Bob Blanco
Owner, Bob Blanco

Bob born in Aruba, in blue shirt Chris from Moonsail. Chris and Barb mrg of marina.
Remember the fat guy with Captain AJ?Remember the fat guy with Captain AJ?
Remember the fat guy with Captain AJ?

Pete doing Beguine the Begin.


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb