Salvador - Beach near La Libertad


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In the evening we headed to Rolando’s friend’s beachfront house. The house was basic, but we had our own room with an air conditioner. We made dinner together and went for a late night swim in the fish shaped pool to cool off.

We spent the next few days hanging around in hammocks and swiming to combat the humidity.

The ocean was very violent. The waves were huge. We went for swims with extreme caution. Every 5 seconds we had to dive to the bottom to avoid being tossed around like a rag doll. Occasionally, a wave would follow another wave closely and catch us off guard and toss us around a washing machine. Fortunately the ground was rock free so the worst that would happen was a little disorientation and black volcanic sand in all your cracks.

Being at the beach, relaxing, drinking fresh coconut milk and enjoying each others company was a great respite from some hard travel. Oh what tough lives we lead...!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

This spider is REALLY that bigThis spider is REALLY that big
This spider is REALLY that big

Took this while we were stranded in Perquin on the El Salvador - Hondorus border because the buses were being burned and it happened to be independence weekend.
Local Corner StoreLocal Corner Store
Local Corner Store

This store was just on the side of the road selling little chorizos.


12th November 2006

Great adventure!
Wow! What an amazing time you are having! We haven't met but I read your blog when it came up in reponse to Googling Guierin Creek estates. I understand we'll be neighbours one of these days!I live across the creek from the development and in fact was over there this moring walking my dog. I'll continue to check in with you two and enjoy your adventures as I anxious eye Sun Peaks for signs of enough snow for opening day next weekend! Cheers!
23rd November 2006

oooh that spider!
I can just feel Jesse cringing now. That is one huge spider! Your being tossed around like in a washing machine made me cringe even more than the spider. Love and blessings, Ma C

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb