Relax day


Advertisement
Published: December 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was so nice waking up to singing birds and cool air. I stepped outside and enjoyed the first 15 minutes of my day by soaking in the beauty of the flowers and other vegetation after the rain last night. Breakfast was delicious (eggs, black beans and plaintains). The coffee was the best I've had (should be since we are surrounded by coffee trees!). We talked about the 4.8 earthquake that we had last night.....I thought it was weird waking up to the bed shaking!!

Today was going to be a fun, relaxing day! We headed out for our mini-excursion....zip-lining!! It was a bit chilly and overcast, but we were ready! We all piled into this little truck and held on for our dear lives. We drove up to the top of the mountain to the first set of 15 platforms....on narrow, curvy road surrounded by coffee!!! Heaven!! 😊

At the top we received little instruction, geared up and hiked up about a mile more to the first line. The first few lines were short and sweet. One of them went right into a cypress tree house! Absolutely beautiful and it smelled like a Christmas tree! The last few lines were the most incredible! About 1/2-1 miles long over the coffee plantations and you could see the city of San Salvador as you floated across. I was in absolute awe of the beauty and so grateful to be able to experience the country in this way.

Lunch was the next stop! Steak, beans, pico de gallo and a nice salad. Afterwards, we had our debriefing with Walter about ENLACE. We were presented with gifts of coffee and a mug and a photo of our team.

The rest of the day was spent shopping in the small town of Ataco. We found all kinds of goodies, including a great deal on machetes!!!

I'm really going to miss this country. The pure beauty and innocence of the people, the culture, etc. The most difficult part will be re-entry now...back into a country that has so much and where most people don't understand what truly matters in life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb