Puerto Plata (Maimon) - Dominican Republic


Advertisement
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We spent 5 sunny days in Maimon, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. We stayed at the Riu Complex where the service was wonderful. The staff is incredibly happy and friendly. Most of our days were spent on the beach. We only did 2 excersions. Horseback riding and a city tour. The city tour consisted of a cable car ride, trip to the amber museum, trip to the amber/larimar factory, cigar factory, rum factory, fort of san fillippe and city of San Fillippe (Puerto Plata). The tour was nice but there isn't much to see in the city. The shopping was awful. I think that part of the trip was a waste of time. The cable car ride was incredible. I was completely terrified but am so glad I had the courage to go up. Eric was not afraid at all (of course) and he enjoyed it as well. The other excersion we did was horse back riding. We went around the country side and then along the beach. It was hot but fun. I did feel bad for the horse though...

What was the most surprising thing to me about the DR is how unspoiled it is. The city is small and there are miles upon miles of untouched beaches and mountains. It was truely a beautiful place to visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb