Dominica Study Abroad - Day 12


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Cathedral at RoseauThe Cathedral at RoseauThe Cathedral at Roseau

-Photo courtesy of Amber Bailes
Today was the day we were allowed to go to Roseau. Dr. Heyman drove the marine group and Clem took the rest of the students. I had a ton of fun shopping for souvenirs for my family and walking around Roseau. It was also great to sample fresh fruits and smell the different spices at the open market. I had a delicious mango and pineapple smoothie while there. For lunch, a big group of us went to Pearl’s Cuisine, though a few of us were taken for a wild-goose chase- we asked a local guy to take us to the restaurant and he took us all over Roseau. Another local approached Jamie and warned us that he was a thief. We finally gave him $5 EC and he left us alone. Our lunch was delicious and surprisingly cheap.
The marine group and Travis then left to Scott’s Hrad. Sarah and I began to swim towards our first transect when we suddenly saw a hawksbill turtle. We followed it around and Ariel finally joined us and took great pictures of it. We also saw several squid and sea caterpillars. We finally left and had a late dinner.


N.B.: I didn't post my journal entries for the past two days because they were largely uneventful. They were spent primarily working on writing up our reports.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb