Diving the Days Away


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Central America Caribbean » Curaçao
December 27th 2005
Published: February 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We spent this beautiful day diving. Although we don't have any underwater pictures, the scenery from the water is beautiful. We went on the Habitat dive boat and got a great view of Curacao's south-western coast. All the dive sites were within 30 minutes of Habitat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Habitat from the WaterHabitat from the Water
Habitat from the Water

This is the view of Habitat as we're taking off for today's dives.
Ready to DiveReady to Dive
Ready to Dive

I do hate getting my picture taken, but I'm anxious to dive so I don't push Paul overboard (besides, each diver needs a "buddy").
Habitat House Reef Habitat House Reef
Habitat House Reef

Habitat has a "house" reef that's really beautiful. Note the small floating white ball to the right - boats can tie up here for people to dive. People staying at Habitat access the reef to snorkel or dive from closer to the resort. Paul and I snorkeled along the coast here one day.
Porto MariePorto Marie
Porto Marie

One of the dive sites that you can access from the beach. We dove here another day when we accessed it by the beach route ("drive and dive"). Some of the sites have rustic but relaxing facilities. You can see the church in St. Willibrordus from here.
DaaibooibaaiDaaibooibaai
Daaibooibaai

Although we didn't dive here during our visit, Curacao's coast is dotted with dive sites that can be accessed from either the water or the beach.
Getting Some SunGetting Some Sun
Getting Some Sun

We were lathered up with sunscreen, so it was good to be out in the sun for a bit. Curacao's temperature stays around 80 F (+/- 4 F), so it can actually get a bit chilly in the shade when you're wet.
Groot Santa MarthaGroot Santa Martha
Groot Santa Martha

One of the towns further up the coast from Habitat (with 1/2 dozen dive sites along the town's coastline).


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb