Royalton Cayo Santa Maria


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
March 20th 2017
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 22.6481, -79.0214

Towels at dawn! Walking to breakfast we noticed all sunbeds were bagsied although there was nobody in sight. Breakfast was cheese omelette with hash browns and bacon. We fed ham to a stray ginger cat with a gammy eye before reading the sign requesting us not to feed the cats!

We collected our swimming towels noting that no loungers had yet been occupied despite guest towels suggesting otherwise! Hence we headed for the beach where we found a sunbed under an umbrella and had the plan of staying there for a few hours. Waiters collected orders regularly for the beach bar; not something we're typically used to. At 13:30 we left the beach to have lunch at Sunset restaurant and made our way to reception to hand over our hire car. The driver would need to drive the 5 hours back to Havana.

This is where we started exercising the free bar and had a Pina colada and read our books in reception. We tried to call Leanne but had no luck making outbound calls since we left Havana - reception weren't able to help. We had dinner at Sunset restaurant and headed for the Memories resort which is the neighbouring apartment complex for a walk. It was much more crowded in their dining rooms with families (2000 people as opposed to 110 at our resort). We came back to the Royalton where we had planned to watch Flamenco dancing but we decided not to wait so Tim had a coffee and we watched some TV back at our apartment before turning in (our towel sculpture on our bed was a Swan and heart).


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb