Sept 28 - October 21 - Chicca Cina and Grande Gringo go to C-oo-ba


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
October 21st 2006
Published: October 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

General Impressions Arrived in Cuba on the 28th of September in the middle of the night. First introduction was the stern and smoking immigration supervisor standing behind his underling scrutinizing the chicca cina's passport and visa form. After barking out whether CC can speak english, she is told to fill up another form for entry. (Note: Malaysians, there is no need to purchase the USD15 visa ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

San examines a wreck....San examines a wreck....
San examines a wreck....

Diving Bay of Pigs.
Trindad street scene after a rain shower...Trindad street scene after a rain shower...
Trindad street scene after a rain shower...

This was one of 3 days it rained in over 3 weeks...
Walking in the highlands around Trinidad...Walking in the highlands around Trinidad...
Walking in the highlands around Trinidad...

San and fellow traveller Garth chilling by a cool stream...
Salsa and Rumba at the steps of casa la musica Trinidad histrico centro...Salsa and Rumba at the steps of casa la musica Trinidad histrico centro...
Salsa and Rumba at the steps of casa la musica Trinidad histrico centro...

Every night live bands play here collecting tips at the end. Saturday night was best as the locals outnumbered the tourists 3 to 1...
View  from the bell tower of Museum de Revolution...View  from the bell tower of Museum de Revolution...
View from the bell tower of Museum de Revolution...

This view looks towards the Topes de Collates hills...
Young girls playing in their casa in Trinidad...Young girls playing in their casa in Trinidad...
Young girls playing in their casa in Trinidad...

We took several shots of these cuties and their parents and will send them hard copies in the mail onm our return...
Man and mule in the streets of Trinidad....Man and mule in the streets of Trinidad....
Man and mule in the streets of Trinidad....

Horse power is still very much used in the countryside of Cuba...



24th October 2006

Lucky sods . . .
Hi guys, Reading your blog bought back those good memories of my trip to Cuba back in 2003. All those friendly people, great son, of course, the Mojitos - never bettered! You're lucky to get there before Fidel expires and the US ruins the place. Where next? I look forward to the next installment . . . J (sniffling from the first cold of winter in wet London day!)
24th October 2006

gorgeous pictures!
7th November 2006

It's like I was there!!!
Hey guys, those pictures you took were top notch. It felt like I was there myself. It's a bit sad to see that the faces of the locals are weathered and hardened by life's challenges. Looking forward to the next entry! More pictures!!! More more more!!!
9th November 2006

Where are the cigars?
Hi San and Rich a.k.a. Chicca Cina and Grande Gringo, I'm enjoying reading your blogs and the pictures are great. You should consider publishing a coffeetable book of your trip around the world. My top 3 favorite pics in this blog are Classic Habana, Gordon the Gecko, and the Jellyfish. Looking forward to more stories and pictures.
21st December 2006

Beautiful photos
I love your photos, especially the 'girls waitin for undies to dry...' one, it has a lot of character. Im off to Cuba next year and reading your blog makes me more excited. Thanks =) (www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/still-trippin)
25th January 2007

WOAH
Woah Nelly, Diving in Cooba......

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb