La Habana.....


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
January 5th 2008
Published: January 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

La Habana...

Three ladies in Cuba, well let me tell you, there is no stortage of attention being paid us here. As we walk through the miserably cold yet colourful streets, there are muchachos on every corner checking us out in no uncertain terms. Kisses, beautiful, blah, blah. At first, very flattering, but after a while it is something like spending the night at any given Irish Pub in Melbourne - seedy.

Further, one has to wonder why on earth these men pay us any attention when their own women (who are usually standing right next to them as they whistle after us) are very good looking and extremely sexily dressed. Nevertheless, it is the Aussies they want, and really, who could blame them? : )

If one can look past the young men on every given street, there is much to see, do and feel in this crazy place. At first, I was slightly in love, though now I am unsure. The Cubanos seem to have tempers that follow the current weather pattern; at once hot and bothering, at other times cool and breezy. With one word I would describe them as proud. With two, proud and firey. All very good looking and mostly well dressed, they give off a carefree attitude that seems at the same time careless. I think it's going to take some time to figure this place out...

Last night, with mum laid up in bed due to a bad cold, Eva and I trekked out for dinner and ended up at a Chinese restaurant in Habana's Chinatown and we had Italian food! Ha, we smiled a great deal at this, but it is Cuba and I guess everything goes. So we picked two pizzas from the chinese menu and it was delicious. The leftovers went to an old lady who passed us by on the street afterwards - she sat down and ate with her little nephew; "gracias, gracias".

More to come, though the Internet is extremely expensive and extremely elusive!

x


Advertisement



5th January 2008

Love you
Hey Beautiful, Great to hear from you, i so love getting your emails, i feel as if i am traveling with you. Dont ever doubt your ability to write you are so brilliant at it, when it comes so naturally. Cant wait for the next update. Love you. Lyna
6th January 2008

Cuba
Maria, I think the three of you would have that effect on men anywhere in the world.

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb