Vinales


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » Viñales
April 12th 2009
Published: August 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We met in the foyer this morning after breakfast to begin our journey. We met the rest of the people that had arrived last last night. Everyone seems really nice and friendly. We made our way out to our own little mini bus which was well cute and air conditioned! Bonus! We drove along the highway where we passed plenty of fields and lots of hitch hikers. Apparently public transport is virtually non existent so masses of people were trying to get lifts in the backs of trucks of anything they could. We stopped for a very expensive Cuban coffee in a suspiciously touristy coffee shop in the middle of the highway. Then we headed back to the bus for the remainder of the journey. When we reached Vinales we were assigned a home stay which was basically like a B&B. Me and Hilda were in a cute little yellow house and the people were lovely. They made us lunch and then we headed out to look around a nearby garden. The lady had recently passed away and there were lots of creepy dolls heads in amongst the plants, but it was amazing to see exotic fruits growing naturally. Then we headed to the square for a few afternoon beers and to get to know each other some more. After dinner we then headed back to the club for some Cuban music and Salsa dancing and lots more rum until the club closed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Vinales valleyVinales valley
Vinales valley

The large mounds are mogotes - limestone formations


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb