Day 3 in Havana


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
April 11th 2009
Published: August 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was Robbyn's and my last day in Havana before we met up with our tours. We were going to look in the museums but as the weather was so hot we decided to take a stroll down the Malecon! We firstly stopped at Castillo de San Salvador, which was empty apart from us but gave us good views of the bay. Then we thought we would walk down to the Hotel National. It seemed like a good idea at the time but it was 90 degrees and about three miles!! We deserved the large pina colada we got when we arrived but the hotel was lush and anyone could just stroll in and use the facilities! We then took a walk through new Havana in search of the famous Coppelia ice cream and felt slightly cheated when we bypassed the huge queues we had been expecting because we were tourists and got served straight away! Then it was time to pack up and head down to the hotel to check in and meet with my other GAP tour people. Our tour guide was Luis and everyone was really nice. We went out for dinner that night for more rice and beans. Met my roomy Hilda when I got back who is also a teacher. Heading out to Vinales in the morning! Yey!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Central HavanaCentral Havana
Central Havana

The other side of Havana the tourists don't see!


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb