A walk around Old Havana


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
November 11th 2019
Published: May 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We awoke early and ate the delicious breakfast the host cooked. We did a lot of walking this day through the old town.

For dinner, the hosts suggested a few places. One of them was near the Capitol building. It had a wait and the line was out the door so we got on the list. We waited 15 minutes or so and the line seemed to not move. We removed our names from the list and went to see about the other suggestion they gave us. Glad we did because this place was great! It was called Sociedad Asturiana Castropol Restaurant and was located across the street from the Malecon. We ended up eating three times at this place! The food was tasty, the service great, and it was a good value as well. I totally became addicted to the tostones with garlic(plantains). I was also addicted to the Moros y Cristianos which is a black beans and rice.

After dinner we walked along the Malecon again for the sunset. Once it was dark we went back to the Airbnb. We sat around chatting with the hosts and guests again. One of them was a cool cat from Shanghai who was living in New York.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb