Return to Havana


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Oeste » La Habana
November 10th 2019
Published: May 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Ever since I visited Havana in January 2018, I have wanted to go back. I really like it there, and love seeing it before it becomes spoiled with commercialism. This time my wife came along, and since she speaks Spanish, it was very helpful. We were wanting to do a short getaway and Havana was perfect for that. My wife was not keen on Cuba for political reasons, and while I get it, I told her that we are not going for the politics, but for the people.

We headed out early on Delta flight 1575 to Atlanta on a 737-900 aircraft. In Atlanta, we ate some Panda Express for lunch. In the afternoon, we boarded Delta Connection flight 5201, a CRJ-900 to Havana. We cleared for first class on the flight and I was able to have a few gin and tonics. We arrived in Havana on time and our driver was waiting for us. I had wanted to book the same Airbnb that I stayed at in 2018, but it was not available. I liked the place and the area, so I found one close by. Our driver exchanged some CUC with our dollars on the way over. It felt great to be back.

Once at our Airbnb, we met our hosts and put our stuff up, then went out for a walk. On my last trip, I had eaten a great meal at a restaurant called Habana 61, so that's where we went for dinner. It was just as good as the last time. We walked along the Malecon for sunset and after dark. Havana is very safe, and I consider it the safest place I have ever been to. After dark, we went back to the Airbnb and chatted with our hosts and some other guests. The room was very comfortable, had a nice hot shower, and nice cool A/C.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb