On the road to Veradaro


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Matanzas » Varadero
December 25th 2017
Published: December 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

MantanzaMantanzaMantanza

The city of many bridges
Headed through the tropical tourraine with our guide Jannout and his classic 1955 Chev Belair, we crossed the highest bridge in Cuba the Mantanzas the city of many bridges. Crossed over the Rio Caminar into Veradaro. Visited market place and the beach but being a socialist country all the outside Taxis are not allowed to stay long only workers within the city limits can take you around.

Even the tyrones make history visiting Al Capones Casa was rather exciting to see how the bad boys could live in luxury..Passed through yet another fishing town Canaradu full of friendly happy people.

Stopped at the reef p excellent for playa de corral for diving. Visited Rio Caminomor the local favorite for swimming in the summer. Returned back through Matanza passingthe Canadian oil refinery taking crude oil from Venezuala and giving 51% split with Cuba. Stopped to take a tour of the discovered caverns.

Stopped at the lookout over looking the city a rare scene of beauty.

Santa Catalina caves Amazing found along the road that leads to the city of Matanzas and Veradero beach 4 kms east of the town of Carbonera. The natural site was declared a national monument in 1996 and features the most extraordinary secondary formations, especially mushrooms, zinoites and aboriginal pictographs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



ApartmentsApartments
Apartments

From the Russian influence





Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb