Havana, Cuba


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Centro
August 1st 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

As music lovers, my husband and I always wanted to experience Cuba in a more local setting. We had been to the all-inclusive resorts, which are great if you just want to lie in the sun, eat and drink. We are more adventurous than this, so we decided a week in Havana would be perfect for us. And it was! The music, the architecture, the people ... all met our expectations and more! Even the fellow travellers we met were more in tune to our way of travelling. We stayed right in Old Havana, at the Parque Central Hotel. This hotel was modern, clean, service was great and staff very helpful. We wandered the streets most of the time, map in hand, and were awed by the buildings, both restored and crumbling, that make up this beautiful old city. Music was sporadic and everywhere, from street musicians to small cafes. There were so many restaurants to choose from, it could be overwhelming at times, but we took recommendations from fellow travellers or asked at the hotel concierge. This is my first blog, so not sure just how much information I should be including. If anyone has any questions, please ask! Happy Travels!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb