Oohh horse riding is painful !


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Centro » Trinidad
April 6th 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

At the moment I´m sitting perched on the end of the seat as it´s a bit painful to sit down, but I´ll come onto that...

We are still in Trinidad. It´s such a gorgeous village that we have ended up staying here for three nights so far. Our first proper day was at the beach. The beach is gorgeous...white sand, clear blue sea, palm trees, mojitos in the shade. In the usual tradition we managed to get burnt whilst still plastering on the sun cream and sitting in the shade for most of the time. Lucikly we had planned ahead and brought some after sun so we´re pretty much alright now.

After the beach, we headed to the Casa musica. This is right at the top of the hill in the village and is an outdoor area where everyone heads to in the evening. Live bands play and people drink mojitos and dance salsa with the locals. It is great fun. We´ve actually been back there most nights. I managed to get Simon on the dance floor after he´d had some of the 5.4% local beer here and we tried to dance some salsa!

Yesterday we decided to
Taxi CocoTaxi CocoTaxi Coco

Refueling Cuban style on our way to the Playa near Trinidad
go into the moutains to this hidden waterfall that you can swim in. We also thought it would be fun to go there on horseback. Sounds fun, and it was, until you realise that it´s 2 hours each way on horse. Quite painful. Especially as we hadn´t a clue what we were doing so we were tense the whole way trying not to fall off. You also get no lessons, but put straight on the horse and off you go! I was also in the unfortunute position that my horse was mad. He wouldn´t let anyone overtake but wanted to be up ahead all the time, whether that meant galloping ahead (yes galloping...I´m sure you need lessons for that sort of thing! especially as I would almost fall off each time), riding through the trees or biting Simon´s horse!

The waterfall was gorgeous though, in the middle of no where. We went for a swim, which was much needed in the blazing sun and then got back on our saddles and off we rode.

We´re suffering today though. Also my knees are really hurting. Is that supposed to happen? Anyway, as a result we´re having an easy day
Casa MusicaCasa MusicaCasa Musica

Late night Salsa dancing and Mojitos under the stars in Trinidad
today...waking up late, reading our books, going on the internet. The plan this evening is to go to the beach a bit later and have some cocktails and seafood.

Tomorrow morning we´re off to Camguey!

Miss you all.

love Amy x






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Trinidad lifeTrinidad life
Trinidad life

Yes, there is a man stroking a chicken


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb