Gringo Kurts


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 27th 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 8.69371, -83.6581

The other restaurant we went to was featured as #1 by Trip Advisor and we just decided to chance being able to get in without reservations and we were successful. This is a very unique place to eat and there is a fruit bird feeder right by the tables and so you get to see some very colorful song birds while you are waiting for your food.

His menu has only three items on it; the catch of the day served with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies, a vegetarian option with spaghetti and steamed veggies (fish can be added) and the third a lettuce/tomato wrap with the fish of the day and spicy dressing.

All of the portions are huge and can be shared and still have leftovers! Kurt has a fish caught every day and so that will be the fish of the day and when it is gone, dinners over! We ate there twice and enjoyed it both times.

Kurt is a real character and has pictures of birds, underwater shots, and whales coming through as well as other shots of around the area. The place is quite small serving only about 24 people and open only for dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

interesting travelers interesting travelers
interesting travelers

they were traveling in Central America and staying in place we were
birdlife at Gringo  Kurt'sbirdlife at Gringo  Kurt's
birdlife at Gringo Kurt's

eating right there with us


Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb