Magnificent Coastal Scenery of Manuel Antonio


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

The gentleman that has the place where we were staying told us about the old Manuel Antonio Road as a good place to hike. How to find it.............Two ways........If leaving Quepos, the road between the church and soccer field continue straight instead of taking left to head up to Manual Antonio or take the road heading to Manual Antonio and turn right at Hotel Romantica and follow the road up to the right.

The road winds up the hill giving you great views back along the coastline. Saw several nice birds along the way including several Cherrie's Tanager couples. They are so beautiful and you see them all over Costa Rica. The male has a brilliant red back and the female several muted colors. There were lovely flowers all along this route as well. At one point enjoyed the antics of a troupe of monkeys moving along the hillside.

This road ends up near the Blue Monkey Hotel on the Manual Antonio Road so of course you could walk down instead of up! Took the bus on down the road and got off at the stop across from Milagro's and walked the road down to the main Playa. As we were walking down the road to the main Playa saw an iguana sticking its head out of a hole in a telephone pole!

Because it was a Sunday, the beach was very crowded with families enjoying a day at the beach. Cars were parked up and down the road and near the bus stop, there were guys trying to convince all cars they needed to turn down the road to park in their parking area.



Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Gorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel AntonioGorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel Antonio
Gorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel Antonio

pair of smooth billed ani
Gorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel AntonioGorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel Antonio
Gorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel Antonio

believe this is a Hoffman's w
Gorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel AntonioGorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel Antonio
Gorgeous Coast Scenery Manuel Antonio

lots of beautiful flowers on this hike


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb