Walk to Nahomi Park; Sunset Runaway w/Thierry


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 11th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.45, -84.15

Closing in on our last days in Manuel Antonio and headed into Quepos to turn in laundry and get haircut. That done decided to hike to Nahomi Park and check things out. It was still early morning and so we had shade as we walked along.

We were walking along the Malecon and you could see the tide moving out in the river running right along the seawall. Right before Marina Pez Vela, the river makes a sharp turn and we were rewarded with all manner of shore birds and others.

There were two immature caracara trying to either catch something or intimidate one of the other birds on the shore to give up their catch. Neither seemed to be working! Blue heron, green heron, great egret and snowy egret all busy down by the water busy catching small fish. There were two vultures also trying the same technique as the caracara but also not very successful.

Walked on down to Nahomi park and watched a group of SUP's come in from out in the bay. According to Anita, the park is named for an Quepos Indian princess. The waves and ocean were beautiful that particular day with the waves really crashing against the shore.

Back to Casa Buena Vista to enjoy the rest of the afternoon and a nice green smoothie made from our veggies along with some fruit and mango juice. This has been a treat to have a blender to use to make iced smoothies to cool down after a walk!

Had to pick up the clothes so bus back down to Quepos, then a taxi to get the clothes and then over to Runaway Grille for final sunset dinner there. The air seemed still and it was pretty hot but sure was a nice sunset and meal! Thierry joined us for a drink and nice visit.

One thing we have discovered this year is there is a shuttle from the Marina to various hotels/BnB in Quepos/Manuel Antonio. We used it the other time we ate here this year and got our ticket to catch it this evening. Unfortunately, this trip we had the Ugly American on board with us. Hate to see people like this.



Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb