Casa Buena Vista, El Avion y Mariposa


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347


Sadly, our time at Birds Watching AirBnB has come to an end and we are starting a new adventure at Casa Buena Vista. Got our final packing done, bags upstairs and Thierry gave us a ride over to meet Anita, our new host

Showed us our room, and gave us a tour of the rest of the property. Our room has a private staircase down to the room which is nice. We have a small refrigerator in the room and a great view of the coastline. There are no curtains on the windows looking out to the ocean but Anita said the sun sets in the other direction. We do have curtains on the sides facing the rest of the property.

The commons area in the teak house is nice. Big covered porch with chairs, couches, tables and a hammock. The view is not as great here as in our room but does have a nice breeze. Fixed a lunch of black beans, chopped lettuce and tomato and went back to room for a nap.

We got a problem! The ceiling fans in the room do not cool the room! Thank goodness for our small rechargeable fan! Guess we will have to buy one because it really does heat up in the room in the afternoon. Have a table thermometer with us and has heated up to 88 in our room!!! Did get a short nap with our fan doing its best to cool us down.

Cleaned up and went to meet Woody and his friend at El Avion. Walked up the hill and caught the down to El Avion. Woody and friend, Kim arrived and we had beers and wine and caught up on news before heading to Mariposa to catch the sunset. Got there in time to enjoy the sunset, and had dinner sitting at the bar watching the twilight over the water. Very nice.

They needed to get back to Dominical and gave us a ride back to Casa Buena Vista where we went downstairs and had a drink and visited with some of the people that are staying in the air-conditioned rooms.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb