Medical help Quepos / Manuel Antonio ; Emilio's


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

We both had acquired strange small blisters and raised blotchy rashes during the first couple of weeks in Costa Rica. We asked Anita, our AirBnb host at Casa Buena Vista, about a visiting doctor we had read about in Tripadvisor Forum.

Farmacia EconómicaShe knew the doc mentioned on Tripadvisor Forum but also said we could talk to her favorite local pharmacist, Dr. Carlos, and have him take a look and suggest something. She said she was driving down into Quepos anyway and that we could ride with her and she would drop us off there. Since there are three pharmacies (Farmacia) in Quepos and we weren't sure which one it was, we gladly accepted her offer.

The pharmacy where Dr. Carlos works , Farmacia Economica, is across the street and to the left from the bus station in downtown Quepos. He looked at the rash, and then prescribed a soap to clean the rash, a cream to put on the rash after bathing, and pills to be taken once a week for four weeks. Such great service and at a very reasonable price. It is nice to know you can visit a pharmacy here, and get such great service.

After our visit to the pharmacy went to the Super Joseth and Mini Super and bought all sorts of groceries and used a taxi to get back to the place because we had bought a bag of ice as well.

Back to the commons area where we fixed a salad with fish left over from Robert's dinner the night before and a nice batido with the mango juice we had bought at the store. Spent the rest of the afternoon working on stories and enjoying the view into the garden.

Had dinner at Emilio's up the hill from Casa Buena Vista. They were having music later that evening but we could eat there but would have to give up our table when the music started. Fine with us and enjoyed the incredible view and dinner. Laura had chicken with a hazelnut and saffron sauce and Robert a fish dish. Both were delicious and we brought some home with us as well.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

nice viewnice view
nice view

seemed to change at various times in the day


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb