Spectacular Views Secret Mirador Above Tambor


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 28th 2015
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.71615, -85.03

Tambor is a small community and you get to know your way around quite quickly. We were told how to get to a secret Mirador above Tambor where you could take in the view of the entire bay and beyond.

Getting acclimated to the steep climbs and we finally made it to the top and were well rewarded. The view was spectacular and we spent some time just taking it all in. There was a local gentleman working up there that took time to visit with us about what we were looking at. Once again lots of getting the gist of what was being said and just enjoying his apparent pleasure in telling us all sorts of things about the area.

Just like so many other places in Costa Rica, some of the prime real estate is being bought by foreigners and they are building their private homes. He pointed out a few of these with very steep roads leading to them.

We saw some black hawks circling overhead and he assured us that was what we were seeing. One of my favorite stories he told was watching a black hawk swoop down and pick up a small black dog and carry it off and then drop it and then, dead, dead, dead! As we were getting ready to leave, Robert spotted a huge squirrel cuckoo on a post. Really beautiful to watch as he moved about the vegetation.

Saw lapas flying from tree to tree and people down on the beach that looked so very small. It was a real treat to go there and came back down and went to the beach to watch the waves, the horse and people moving to and fro.



Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.102s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb