As the sun melts into the ocean


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 8.53622, -83.3051

Pictures still to follow!!!

Because Laura was not able to do the serious walking we usually do, we decided to continue to stay in Puerto Jimenez and move back to Cabinas Jimenez and take advantage of some more kayak time. The tides were running in our favor for afternoon paddles and so we decided to do a sunset paddle over to Playa Preciosa and up into the manglar and then back across the harbor and watch the sunset.

Stopped at Playa Preciosa and checked out the waves on the other side and then down into the manglar for a paddle through there. The tide was coming in as we went into the manglar and so the paddling was quite easy. We could hear more birds than we saw but it was still quite a nice paddle.

On the way out, the tide was so high that almost missed the way out. The tide had gotten so high the passage looked like it was just a small break in the manglar but fortunately the scenery to the left was not the way out and I realized that and we were able to make it out with no problem!

Headed back as the sun
sun is setting as we head back to Cabinas Jimenezsun is setting as we head back to Cabinas Jimenezsun is setting as we head back to Cabinas Jimenez

Robert in front paddling away enjoying the beauty
was starting to go down. It is such a beautiful sight to enjoy. The water gets very still and so the sunset turns the water golden and it is such a peaceful time and we truly did enjoy that moment.

Cleaned up and headed over to Delfines where pappa had decided to fix a special pork chop for me and they also had us a bottle of wine. Nice evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

sun is setting as we head back to Cabinas Jimenezsun is setting as we head back to Cabinas Jimenez
sun is setting as we head back to Cabinas Jimenez

by the time we got back water was pretty much all golden
trip to the vegetable markettrip to the vegetable market
trip to the vegetable market

all fresh, all beautiful and for $1.50! Could not get enough of the mangos and nice tomatoes!


Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb