6 Great eco-lodges in Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It is no longer a secret that Costa Rica boasts of stunning peninsulas and great tourist attractions. For a first time visitor in Costa Rica, this country can prove to be a mystical experience. There are lots of sights that will leave you oozing with “oohhs!” Step into the thick virgin rainforest and you will immediately feel at home with nature. You will however need to stay in the right places to make your experience a tranquil one. Swing your cameras across your shoulders as we explore 6 great <a href="http:// costaricajourneys.com ">eco lodges</a>in Costa Rica that will complement your Costa Rican experience.





1. <strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Anamaya Yoga Retreat: Your visit to Costa Rica is not complete until you’ve seen this beautiful eco-lodge. Dramatically located on the edge of a cliff in Montezuma, this eco-lodge promises the experience of a lifetime. Anamaya Yoga Retreat offer yoga classes to help you relax, excursions to nature reserves, spa services and delicious healthy organic meals to help you stay healthy. Get into the holiday mood with special fire dancing sessions, circus entertainment and personalized <a href="http://anamayaresort.com">eco hotel</a>services designed to give you a memorable experience. If you are looking for something special, you are sure to find it on this eco lodge.

2. <strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Arenas del Mar: If you are anywhere near Manual Antonio National Park, Arenas del Mar should be a top destination. This elegant eco-lodge combines sophistry with green credentials. This lodge is perfect for parents with children as it is a close walk to the park! The food is superb and nutritious. Built by owners who believe in sustainable tourism movement, being in this eco-lodge ensures you are not only going green but doing so in style. Early morning birding tours are available for guests at the lodge.

3. <strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">El Sol: This beautiful eco-lodge lies on the edge of Monteverde Cloud forest; a region known for its mountainous jungle. This <a href=" http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-ecolodge.htm "> ecolodge </a>consists of two beautifully built rustic cabins that are semi isolated and offers attractive views of the hills. If you are looking for something magical and breathe taking, this place is it. Complete with horse-riding and amazing poolside that links to a waterfall, you won’t have anything to complain about this eco-lodge. El Sol is only thirty minutes from Monteverde.

4. <strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Finca Luna Nueva lodge is a picture perfect eco lodge located 19 km away from Arenal volcano. Proximity to the Arenal volcano guarantees a good view of the volcano and waterfall springs. This eco-lodge is located in a biodynamic turmeric farm; it is airy and offers open views to the jungle. Whether you are looking to spend a cool afternoon in a swimming pool or solar powered bath tub, you will feel at home in the heart of the jungle. The lodge has guides that will take you on tour of the magical rainforest ensuring you never miss out on the never ending wonders of the jungle.

5. <strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Lapa Rios: This eco lodge is located near the Osa peninsula and is known as Costa Rica’s first eco-lodge. If you are looking for a green travel experience, this eco hotel will do the trick. It is composed of rustic lodges that overlook the oceans. It is located near a local stunning beach that helps to create a special atmosphere.

6. <strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Pacuare lodge: This beautifully seated eco lodge is situated at the central highlands. The picturesque eco-lodge comes as an amazing surprise sitting at the edge of the water. You can enjoy the garden view siting on the hammocks located in spacious verandas. Pacuare lodge serves mouthwatering dishes and caipirinhas in a veranda lit by candles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb