Papayas and coffee


Advertisement
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I´ve traversed more hills today than I ever cared to. But the rewards were huge...great conversations, wonderful food, deserted private beaches...

I attatched myself to a girl from Holland who just finished two months volunteering at a turtle conservation and we went for what turned out to be quite possibly the world´s longest walk. Taking advice from the hostel worker, we took back roads and steep alleys and very probably someone´s backyard to get to what he said would be a beautiful beach. It did not dissapoint. Bath warm water, protected cove, white sand, tide pools. No one there. No one. We drifted and giggled and sunbathed and read and talked.

Then took the world´s second longest walk to a highly recommended lunch spot. Although it was hugely overpriced, the view was worth the walk and colones.

We took the bus back.

Took a nap and a dip in the pool.

Now talking to a couple from Norway who are in week one of a five month journey through central and south america. I´m enjoying a snack of chocolate cookies dipped in coffee and papaya. We´re talking about ¨real jobs¨, the virtues of traveling versus cultivating a professional career, and how to juggle everything we want to do in this world.

It´s inspiring.

Quite possibly the greatest quote to come out of these conversations...¨Every moment is perfect by virtue of existence¨.

I´m already planning to wwoof in mexico or new zealand.

I can make this all work.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb