June 5


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Wow, have we done a lot today. Lovely breakfast again prepared by Yadi, who lives next door, on the grounds. Had a 45 min drive to Mistoco Hanging Bridges tour – a guided walk. Our guide was Donald, and he was excellent at pointing out all sorts of things. David understood that this would not be a birding tour – for that we should have been there at 6 not 9. We saw 3 snakes, the flat frogs on leaves that looked like gummy frogs, a NEW HUMMINGBIRD, and an owl (NEW BIRD), a bat, and some bluejean frogs (they are bright red but have blue legs). We heard toucans and saw a Rufous motmot. We went up and down for 3 hours and were very very hot by the end.

Donald recommended a soda for lunch, and it was very tasty food – but so popular that we waited a long time. Next door was a Pops icecream shop 😊.

Time to jump in the pool for a while, and generally relax to cool off. Juaquin the gardener offered to get us some fresh coconut juice – and we watched him pulling the coconuts off the trees (Andrew & Megan & Dario had to tackle them to keep them rolling down the hill into the lagoon), and hacking off the tops to let us get into the water. Delicous. Then he again used the machete yo chop them in half, and we scooped out the tender flesh with the curved β€œlid.” Yummy.

We eventually decided to try a Mediterraneon restaurant for dinner in La Fortuna, but when we got there it was empty, and we swore we’d never eat at a place so empty, surely a sign of bad food. So we ended up at a sushi place – yummy. And buying 10 bags of coffee at the local big supermarket.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb