San Jose, Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Following our five star experience in Tamarindo with friends, we were hurled back into the world of backpackerdom in route to San Jose. Gone were the nice beds, kitchen and fresh coffee and replaced with cold showers, bunk beds with two inch mattresses and day old coffee. The bonus was a complimentary wonderbread breakfast topped with something that resembled strawberry jam. Despite the attached photo with the clean and green sign surrounded by garbage, we found the city to be quite charming and clean. We managed to take in three city parks, the national costa rica museum, the university campus, the local mall and cinema, and city center with our few days there.
Our plans to jump on the next Tica bus (luxury line) were foiled when we found out there was a 12 day wait. 5 minutes later we figured out why when we went to their competitor (using the word loosely) and were able to get tickets for the following day. They were located adjacent to the lavatory keeping us from reclining our seats. Shane knew immediately the 18+hour ride to Panama was not going to be fun and I saw fear in his eyes for the first time this trip when his legs were forced into the aisle.
Luckily, the box of wine we snuck on helped us to get a little rest here and there and we were excited to step foot in Panama the following day. And for the record, your standards change for wine in central america. yuck!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



18th March 2007

hmmm...is it time to come home?
You guys do such a great job narrating your travels. My Saturday has been enriched. I know your travels are going to take you to great places. I will continue to read with anticipation. Be safe, know you are loved and very blessed.

Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 16; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb